|Главная » Файлы » В помощь учителю » Английский язык|
|2013-06-20, 10:36 AM|
Theme: Is sport exciting or dangerous? Спорт увлекателен или опасен?
Educative aim: the students will enrich their topical vocabulary with new words (types of extreme sports); the students will be able to speak about sport in Britain and Kazakhstan and sport preferences; the students will read about extreme sports;
Developing aim: to develop the pupils’ speaking skill;
Up-bringing aim: to develop the pupils’ logical thinking.
– Good morning, class. How are you today? What date is it today? Let’s begin our lesson with a new theme. Do you like sport? What kinds of sports do you know? How do you think: sport is exciting or dangerous?
Do you like sport?
Do you prefer going in for sports or watching it on TV?
What kinds of sports are popular in Kazakhstan?
What national English sports do you know?
– Match the definition and the name of the sport.
1) It is the sport of riding a small sort of boat with a sail (wind-surfing).
2) It's the sport in which acrobats and gymnasts jump up and down to perform exercises on a sheet of material tightly stretched to a metal frame (trampoiling).
3) It's jumping from an airplane with a parachute (parachuting).
4) It is the sport of climbing mountains (mountaineering).
– What's common about the following sports? (Motor-racing, climbing, scuba-diving, gliding, mountaineering, windsurfing)
– Which of the groups do you think is the riskiest? Write as many activities as you can in each group.
Adventure sports Ordinary sports Everyday activities
– Read the article about the riskiest sports. What do you find most surprising?
Bungee jumping is jumping from a tall structure while connected to a large elastic cord. The tall structure is usually a fixed object, such as a building or bridge.
Skydiving, also known as parachuting, is the activity of performing acrobatics during free fall.
Snowboarding – an activity or sport of standing on a short wide board and moving very fast down a hill covered with snow.
Ice diving – an extreme sport in which you dive through a hole into a very cold sea that has ice on the top.
White water rafting – a sport or activity of moving a rubber boat through water and round rocks in a river that is flowing very fast.
Scuba diving is a sport or activity of swimming underwater with a scuba.
Surfing – a sport or activity of standing on a long flat board and moving across waves in the sea.
– Are you for sport or against it?
Sport is good because
• it makes …
• it helps … Sport is bad because
• it needs …
• it’s not …
V. Home task – write in your copybook about the activity you like.
• I like ...
• I started to learn … when I was …
• I think that …
• I visit (go, do, play) …… every.... (two times a week)…
• … helps me (makes me)…
• I wish … (to take part…, won cups, medals… )
|Просмотров: 2090 | Загрузок: 0 ||