|Главная » Файлы » В помощь учителю » Английский язык|
|[ Скачать с сервера (27.8Kb) ]||2015-09-15, 8:59 AM|
Lesson plan |
Subject: English language
Theme: Schools in the UK
Material for the lesson: presentation, cards, English book
Objectives: 1) to introduce with new material
1. Greetings . (date, day, weather)
2. The topic of the lessons:
Objectives: we are to find the answer to the questions:
1. Why do children go to school?
2. Are schools different or the same?
3. Is education important?
3. Teacher asks:
Did your parents go to school?
Did your grandparents go to school?
Did your aunts and uncles go to school?
Now you go to school.
Why do children go to school? (to learn)
Where can schools be? ( in any kind of building, in the open air, on a boat)
What is a school? (a place where children learn from their teacher and from each other)
4. Yesterday we started learning about education in the UK and USA
– the process of teaching or leaning, usually in a school or college (education).
– to go to (school) (attend).
– nursery school – a school for children between 3 and 5 years old.
– primary school – a school for children between the ages 5 to 11.
– secondary school – a school for children between the ages of 11 to 18.
– to work (run) (school runs from September until June or July).
– a set of clothes that school children wear so that they all look the same (school uniform).
– club – an organization for people who have the same interest or enjoy similar activities.
– society – a section or club for people who have a particular activity.
– a class for young children usually aged around 5, that prepare them for school (kindergarten).
– grade – one of the twelve years you are at school in the USA.
– slightly – a little, but not very much.
– used in negative sentences to mean ‘also’ (either).
– to reach the same standard or level that somebody else has reached (to catch up with).
– course – a set of lesson about a subject.
Teacher– I hope you can use them all.
5. Listening . Part 1 – school in the UK .
T-Use the chart and tell us about school year, the school week, the school uniform.
6. Which school do the children go? Guess. Listen.
(3 pieces of information)
1) The children are there from 9 o’clock till 4 o’clock in the afternoon. Here the babies play, have lunch and sleep. (nursery school)
2) First the children draw, sing, read there. Then they learn to write. They have History, Geography, Nature Study, Art and Music, Physical Education on the timetable. (primary school)
3) The children start learning languages, Chemistry, Physics, Maths, Geography, Art, Drama
( secondary school)
– At what age do you start learning languages?
– How many times a week do you have English on the timetable?
7. T– You’ve got worksheets on your desk. Let’s read and learn more about terms, classrooms and a school uniform in British school.
Life at school in Britain.
1.Тhe school year is devided into terms, three months each, named after seasons:autumn term, winter term and spring term.
Eасh term has а shot-term break in the middle, and longer holidays at Christmas and Easter
and in the summer.
An autumn term starts on the first Tuesday morning in September. In July schools break up for eight weeks.
2.Most of the pupil's time is spent in а classroom with desks and а blackboard. In addition to class rooms every school has laboratories for different subjects, a library, a school canteen, a sick room, common rooms, where boys and girls can relax during the breaks and lunch time.
З.Pupils at many secondary schools in Britain wear, а school uniform. This usually means а white blouse for girls (with а tie), with а dark-coloured skirt and pullover ['pul?uv?] пуловер. Boys wear а shirt and а tie, dark trousers and dark-coloured pullovers. Pupils also wear blasers-a kind of jacket-with the school badge on the pocket.Тhey often have to wear some kind of hat on the way to and from, school-caps for boys,and berets['bereiz] or some other kind ofhat for girls.
1) How many terms are there in the school year in Russia?
2) Do pupils in our school wear a school uniform?
9. Take another sheet №2. Disagree with these sentences.
1 British children attend primary school from the age of 6 to 10 (e.g.: Wrong. British children don’t attend primary school from the age of 6 to 10. they attend primary school from the age of 5 to 11.
2 British schools start in October.
3 Schoolchildren in Britain go to school 6 days a week.
4 School starts at 8 am in Britain.
5 There are 4 school terms in Britain.
6 Pupils at many secondary schools don’t wear a school uniform.
7 School finishes at 4 pm for all the students.
8 Children can’t leave school at 16.
9 There aren’t afterschool clubs in Britain.
10 Most children don’t go to nursery school before they start school.
10. Schools in the USA
What is the same and what is the different?
Listening. Part 2 – the USA.
Use the chart and tell us about schools in the USA.
- the school year.
- the school week.
- the school uniform.
12. Which school do the children go:
1) The children play games, sing songs. (nursery school)
2) The children draw, begin reading and writing (kindergarten)
3) First students have one main classroom. From grade 5 they move to different classrooms. They read, write and draw. They study Maths, History, Geography, Science. From grade 6 students can take such subjects as Shop, Agricultural Education.(elementary school)
4) From grade 9 students start learning foreign languages. Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, typing are on the timetable.(secondary school)
13. Turn to the SB: a)T or F? b) In which country or countries…
a) The students mark the sentences T (true) or F (false):
1) British schools start in September.
2) All British children finish school at 4.00 pm.
3) American students start school at 8.00 am every weekend.
4) American students don’t wear school uniforms.
b) The students answer the questions:
1) can children leave school at 16?
2) do most pupils wear a uniform?
3) do children have classes in the summer?
4) are there after-class clubs?
14. Lee’s school.
Teacher-Let’s learn more about schools in the USA. Take your worksheet №3.
You have a new word the ‘Pledge of Allegiance’– it is when everybody promises to support the flag.
• Let’s listen about Lee’s school
• What do these numbers refer to:
1100, 12-15, 8.00-2.00
• Teacher asks:
What is a home class?
Is it a good idea?
Comparing lunch time in the USA and in your school:
-What time do you have lunch?
-Are the meals cheap?
-What do you do at breaks?
Your school day
What time do you begin and finish school each day?
How does your school day begin? Do you eat anything at school? What? When?
How mаnу lessons do you have each day?
With your neighbour, read about Lee Biеr's school day.
How mаnу things are different from your school? Make а list.
Compare your ideas with the rest of your class.
Lee goes to а 'Junior High School' near Port1and, Maine in the North East of the
United States. The school has 1100 students between 12 and 15 years old. Lee goes to school from Monday to Friday, from 8.00аm until 2.00pm.
Lee's day begins in his 'homе class'. This is the room that his group uses most of the time. Here, his teacher checks that everybody is there. Then they listen to announcements from the loudspeaker and they аll say the 'Pledge of Allegiance' to the United States fiag.
After that, hе has three lessons. At about 11.00аm hе has а long break for lunch until about 12.00. There is а canteen where hе buys his lunch. The meals in the school are сheар. Не has а hot meal every day at school.
After his meal, there are lots of activities in the school that hе сan do. Lee likes playing in the school band at lunchtime. His lessons begin again at about 12.00.
15. Lee’s school subjects.
b. What is a shop?
c. Study the timetable and work out which is Lee’s favourite day?(Thursday)
d. What is your favourite day and subject? Why?
Lee's school subjects
Lee has five lessons every day except Wednesday. On Wednesday, Lee does sports in the afternoon. Не likes playing American football, basketball and baseball. Lee's favourite subjects аге Science and Mathematics. On Thursday he has 'Shop'. In Shop, he enjoys making things with wood and metal. Lee has short tests оr 'quizzes' every week in each subject. Не doesn't usually have аnу homework. Instead, he is always learning things for the quizzes. Не hates them!
Here is Lee's timetable.Which do уou think is his favourite day?
Time Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday
8.00 Home class Home class Home class Home class Home class
8.15 Algebra Geography Algebra Algebra P.E.
9.10 Drama Drama Drama Science Spanish
10.05 US History US History US History Science Library
11.00 LUNCH LUNCH LUNCH LUNCH LUNCH
12.05 Spanish Art Sport Shop Geography
12.55 Geography Music Sport Shop Art
Do уou have homework or quizzes? How mаnу differences can уou find with your school timetable?
16. HW: Prepare 10 questions to ask your friend from the USA or the UK about schools there.
T: I wont you to be educated. For this be good at school, try your best in every thing you do. Read a lot of books
|Просмотров: 903 | Загрузок: 11 | Комментарии: 3 ||