|Главная » Статьи » В помощь учителю » Английский язык|
Учитель английского и немецкого языков Лужбина Татьяна Алексеевна |
СКО р-он имени Г. Мусрепова Новоишимская СШ №2
The theme of the lesson: Education in Great Britain and Kazakhstan
The aim: To teach talking about education in Great Britain and Kazakhstan
1. Educational. To focus on key words about education
2. Developing. To develop the student's reading, writing, listening and speaking skills.
3. Bringing-up. To teach students to love school and school culture.
Type of the lesson: Learning a new material
The form of the lesson: Traditional
I. Good morning, everybody. Nice to meet you. How are you today? Are you fine? That’s nice. Then, let’s start our lesson. Today we are going to talk about education in Great Britain and Kazakhstan
II. We have new words today. The words are on the blackboard. You have to find their translations in the dictionary: infant schools- , junior schools- , secondary schools- , modern schools- , grammar schools- , comprehensive schools- , curriculum- , compulsory- , assignment- .
Repeat after me! (…new words)
III. T: Be ready for the interview about our school.
1. What type of school is our school?
2. What age do our pupils start school?
3. What age do our students leave school?
4. What are your core subjects?
5. What are your optional subjects?
6. What transport do students use to get to school?
7. When does our school year begin?
8. When does our school year end?
9. When do we have holidays?
10. What tests or exams do our students take at and after finishing school?
IV. Read the text «Education in Great Britain»
In Great Britain children start going to school when they are five and continue studying until they are 16 or older. Compulsory education begins at the age of five when children go to primary school. Primary education lasts for six years. First they attend the infant school from five to seven.
In infant schools children don't have real classes. They get acquainted with the class-room, desks, play and learn through playing. They learn numbers and how to add them.
When the children are seven they go to junior school which they attend until eleven. Boys and girls study at junior school for four years. There they have classes, read and write, do mathematics. Then they go to secondary school.
At secondary school pupils study English, Mathematics, Science, Geography, History, Art, Music, Foreign languages and Physical training.
There are some types of secondary school in Great Britain. They are grammar school, modern school and comprehensive schools. There are some private schools in England. Boys and girls do not study together at these schools. The teachers of these schools pay personal attention to each pupil.
English pupils have school uniform. It is an old tradition in the country. A boy's uniform consist of a special suit, a school cap , a tie end a blazer. A girl's uniform consist of a hat, a coat, a skirt and a blouse . As usual uniform is dark.
As you have just read British education has many different faces but one purpose. Its purpose is to develop pupils' abilities and prepare them for life in the modern world.
V. Let's talk about English schools. Answers the questions (work in pairs).
1. When do children start going to school in great Britain?
2. When does compulsory education begin?
3. How long does primary education last?
4. What do children do in infant schools?
5. When do children go to junior school?
6. What do pupils study at secondary school?
7. What are the types of secondary school in England?
VI. Correct the sentences.
1. Compulsory education begins at the age of 11.
2. Primary education lasts for five years.
3. Boys and girls study at junior school for six years.
4. Boys and girls study together at private schools.
5. English pupils haven't school uniform.
VII. Say in English.
1. Если вы придете в нашу школу, то увидите широкий школьный двор и спортивную площадку.
2. Начальная школа расположена на первом этаже
3. Английский язык – один из самых распространенных языков в мире.
4. Мы ходим в школу 6 дней в неделю с понедельника по субботу.
5. Каждый день у нас по 6 уроков.
VIII. Compare the system of education in Great Britain and Kazakhstan.
So boys and girls, our lesson is coming to the end. You have learned a lot. Thank you very much.
Now write down your home work for the next lesson. Ex.2 p.151
|Просмотров: 12917 | Комментарии: 1 ||