|Главная » Статьи » В помощь учителю » Английский язык|
The theme of the lesson: the USA |
The aims of the lesson:
- Educational: to enlarge pupils’ vocabulary on given theme; understand the culture of the USA; teaching to think critically.
- Developing: to develop speaking and writing skills,
- Bringing up: to bring up accuracy in using grammar, to bring up critical thinking and being open-minded, to bring up respectful attitude to own country and recognize ways in which Kazakhstan values differ from the USA.
Keywords: stripes, states, stars, eagle, Statue of Liberty, torch of freedom, tablet.
Proposal results: - Describe political, economic, and social systems of the USA.
- Know geographical and historical facts about the US and the UK
Aids: map, cards, pictures, slide-shows, interactive board
Resources: Additional information from Internet
Procedure of the lesson
- Good morning dear students. I am glad to see you.
- I hope you are feeling well, and ready to start working.
- Let’s see if everyone is here.
- …., please, read the RULES OF WORKING during the lesson
Use English as often as possible to communicate
Be on time to class
Keep cell phones on silent mode
Be respectful when others are speaking
Participate actively in class
to introduce students criteria of assessment
Red flashcard– “well done!”
Blue flashcard– “good job)”
Black flashcard– “you should work hard)” -students greet teacher and others, too
-students have little flash-smiles, which identify their mood, they stick them on poster on the wall.
-looking at the poster teacher can identify who is absent on the lesson, student on duty helps teacher to name them, teacher register them.
-student on duty read it, others listen to him/her very attentively
Each student has his/her own envelope, where he/she collect flashcards
6-7 minutes Checking home task - Let’s see if everybody is ready with his/her home task given.
Teacher hand tests around. There are 10 questions.
Criteria of self-checking:
10-8 right answers – “Well done!”
8-6 right answers – “Good job!”
5-3 right answers – “You should work hard”
Students answer the questions from the test individually. After doing the test, they check each other, right answers are on the board.
Warm up M C D O N A L D S G
D E O O N F T S A F
W A S H I N G T O N
F G T E A E B A B H
L L R R G W N T A O
O E I T A Y M E M T
R F P Y R O .F S A D
I H E U A R L A R O
D U S A H K O G W G
A J N A Y P I O J L
3) New York
7) Hot dog
Criteria of assessment:
9-8 words – “well done”
7-5 words – “good job”
4-2 words – “you should work hard”
Students work in pairs, trying to find as much words in crossword as it’s possible. After doing the task they assess themselves.
After assessing they guess the theme of the lesson and write it on their copybooks.
Presenting new theme
On the interactive board there are new vocabulary:
Star – звезда
Stripes – линии
Eagle – орел
Liberty – свобода
Torch – факел
Democracy - демократия
Practice pronunciation. Students find them on the dictionaries, they also mat use electronic gadgets.
Students repeat after teacher, practicing pronunciation.
Dividing into groups
Teacher hand out pictures, with help of them teacher divides students into 4 groups
Students are divided into groups according to the pictures they get from teacher and take their places
Reading the text
Teacher hand the texts out. Students from one group have the same texts.
1 group “The USA in the 18-19th centuries”
2 group “The USA in the 20th century”
3 group “The USA in the 20th century”
4 group “The USA in the 21t century”
Each group reads the text, all members of the group work together, trying to understand the full meaning of the text.
10 minutes After reading Teacher hands large papers out, in order to make the poster according to the read text. Students make the poster.
Teacher explain the method of “Jig-saw”.
Criteria of assessment :
“well done”, “good job”, “you should work hard” Students change their places, going from one group to another, in order to explain their posters. Students who listen to the reporter make notes on their copybooks.
Students assess those students, whose report was the most understandable and interesting.
After coming back their own groups, student-reporter assess all members of the group, taking into consideration their role on making poster.
Giving home task
-to learn new vocabulary by heart;
- to learn everything about the USA what was recognized on the lesson.
- to get ready for short test on the next lesson
- according to the flashcards in the envelope teacher assess students’ work during the lesson
- Do you like the lesson? What about your feelings? Has it changed? Students count their flashcards and put them into the envelope and give it to the teacher
Red – “well done!”
Blue – “good job)”
Black – “you should work hard)”
-students show their mood on poster with smiles
|Просмотров: 346 ||