|Главная » Статьи » В помощь учителю » Английский язык|
|“About professions.” |
Цель: говорение о будущей профессии.
Оброзовательная: активизировать употребление лексико-грамматических структур; формировать компетенцию речевого высказывания; закрепить лексику по теме “О профессиях”.
Развивающая: развитие навыков диалогической речи,психических процессов.
Воспитательная: развивать способность принимать самостоятельные решения в выборе профессии; содействовать профориентации учащихся; учить правильной самооценке своих способностей и интересов.
Plan of the lesson.
I. Organization moment.
- The aims of the lesson.
Work saves us from three great evils: boredom, vice and need.
Работа избавляет нас от трех великих зол: скуки, порока и нужды.
II.Warm - up activity.
“I want to be”
Some people often say to me:
“Have you decided what you want to be?”
I usually answer , “I don`t know”,
But it isn`t really so.
I want to win an Olympic race,
I want to see the Earth from space,
I want to travel to Kokshetau
I want to be rich and famous, too.
I want to be on Hollywood`s screen,
I want to invent a new machine,
I want to be very clever and wise,
I want to win the Nobel prize,
But most of all, I want to be
Healthy and strong, and nice.
III.What is a job?
A job is the work that person does regularly in order to earn money
What is a Profession?
A profession is a job that requires special training, often a university education, and brings a rather high social status
What is an Occupation?
An occupation is a job or profession
What is a Career?
A career is a series of jobs that a person does in their life, usually in one and the same field
What do you want to be and why?
Use the phrases below:
When I grow up I want to be a/an …
I would like to be a/an …
I want to become a/an …
My favorite profession is …
IV. Match the sentences
A teacher looks after animals.
A writer helps people.
A doctor works at school.
A vet writes books.
A singer sings song and play music.
A model wears wonderful clothes.
V.Reading Text “Facing the real world”
– Have you already begun developing your plans for the future?
– It is very difficult to give a definite answer right now. But every time I am asked the question “What do you want to be?” I feel nervous. I usually never tell the truth and say “I haven’t the slightest idea” and try to sound mysteriously.
– But why?
– That makes other people feel more nervous than me.
– Have you ever turned to your parents for advice?
– Oh. My mother is convinced that I should follow in the footsteps of my father and become a lawyer. My granny thinks that I should find a nice wealthy man to marry. And my father says “Just do what makes you happy”. My uncle encourages me by promising a job in his company. Being child I wanted to be like a cashier in the supermarket with long hair, blue eye shadows and long fingernail moving the cash. But my mother would say “You are not suitable for the job like that. You are too smart”. It is very difficult to face the real world after being spoonfed with knowledge at school. And the question “What do you want to be?” never used to be threatening like now.
What if I choose the wrong thing and feel regret a mistake in future? Of course like everyone I have some skills and interests and inclinations. But they seem to be undeveloped and may not seem outstanding.
I realize that I should plan out the rest of my life and explore my choice from every angle, but I have never thought more than six months ahead.
There is one thing I know I wouldn’t like to be “a square peg in a round hole”.
VI. Correct the sentences
I usually tell the truth about my future profession and say “I have the right idea”.
My mother is convinced that I shouldn’t follow in the footsteps of my father.
Being child I wanted to be a doctor in the hospital .
I would like to be “a square peg in a round hole”.
VII. Work in groups
VIII.The total of the lesson.
What do you want to be and why?
IX.Home work ex 6, p. 89,rules.
X. The end of the lesson. Assessment of students: giving marks.
|Просмотров: 440 | Комментарии: 1 ||