|Главная » Файлы » В помощь учителю » Английский язык|
|2014-05-30, 8:37 PM|
|Горниковская Ирина Фёдоровна |
учитель английского языка, высшей категории,
гимназия «Самопознание» ННПООЦ « Бобек» г.Алматы
THE THEME: Education;
SELF COGNITION THEME: In the mirror of the friendship;
TYPE OF THE LESSON(S): Lesson of formation and improvement of pupils’ speech skills;
PRIMARY OBJECTIVES OF THE LESSON(S):
1. Promote the formation and improvement of lexical skills on the theme, abilities to generalize the received knowledge, to analyze, make the necessary conclusions;
2. Develop the skills and habits in reading, speaking, listening, writing;
3. Encourage the students to be tolerant, patient to each other, to be creative, to work productively and cooperatively; to follow the rules of right conduct;
STAGES OF THE LESSON
I. The Preliminary Organization Moment (Motivation Stage)
2. Look at the blackboard! Reading these words you can guess the theme of the lesson and the aims.
Lexis on the blackboard:
primary, elementary, infant/junior/High school, secondary, comprehensive, state, private, public, compulsory, kindergarten, nursery, optional
( Discussing the Aims of the lesson: we revise all information about the system of education in the USA and the UK, Compare with Kazakhstan, try to express ideas of your ideal school in groups making small posters, write “sinkveyn” in pairs)
II. The Stage of Challenge (Speech/Phonetic Drill Exercises)
1. When we talk about school, we remember our classmates, friends. Do you agree/disagree? Why?
2. The definition of the word “friendship”, statements of great people: READING, TRANSLATION, DISCUSSING
(Presentation) Friendship is a relationship between two or more people, who share similar occupations, or interests.
(Although there are many forms of friendship, some of which may vary from place to place, certain characteristics are present in many types of friendship. Such characteristics include affection, sympathy, empathy, honesty, altruism, mutual understanding and compassion, responsibility, enjoyment of each other's company, trust, and the ability to be oneself, express one's feelings, and make mistakes without fear of judgment from the friend)
“Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. – Aristotle”
“Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything”. – Muhammad Ali
- What is “friendship ” for you? (you can give the answer in one, two words: nouns or adjectives or verbs)
(The pupils’ answers)
III. Stage of comprehension (The Main Part of the Lesson)
1. KWL-chat (what we know about the system of Education)
Compare: types of schools, age, and the system of education in the USA/UK/KZ
- YES/NO statements (orally from T)
2. Individual work (short test)
1.British children start schooling at the age of
a)5 b) 6 c)7
2.Cumpulsory secondary education lasts ….. years
a)5 b) 6 c) 7
3.How old are British students when they go to the first form?
a) 5 b) 7 c) 11
4……..per cent of British students attend comprehensive schools.
a) 5 b) 20 c) 80
5. At the end of the school year in secondary schools all pupils move to the new class
a) automatically b) if they pass the exam
6.Pupils take the exam for the General Certificate of Secondary Education(GCSE) at the end of ………. form.
a) the fifth b) the sixth c) the ninth
7 The sixth form lasts…… years
a)1 b) 2 c)3
8. Students sit “A” level Exam at the end of …….form
a) the fifth b) the sixth c) the ninth
Test 2 : true or false.
1. Public school in the USA is private school.
2. 85 per cent of students attend free school.
3. Students attend school for 10 years.
4. Students of elementary school don’t study a foreign language.
5. Secondary schools offer 4 “core “ subjects-PE, Science and Social Studies , Maths and English.
6.In all schools students move from elementary to high school automatically.
7. Schools prepare students for specific jobs.
3. Pair work: “Check my test and explain me”
4. Group Work
2 or 3 groups
Make small colourful posters “My Ideal School” (name/write and draw all classrooms you want at this school, the uniform, subjects you would like to study, positive ideas, qualities of your school)
Remember! Each member of the group works! Help each other! Distribute duties in the group, choose the leader, who will represent your group, the marks depend on your cooperation, solidarity.
3 content of the poster
5. Presentations of the groups (Discussing)
IV. Reflection (Summing up)
Writing of the “sinkveyn “School” in pairs
H/T: write the essay “My Ideal School” (100-110 words)
|Просмотров: 919 | Загрузок: 0 | Комментарии: 1 ||