|Главная » Статьи » В помощь учителю » Английский язык|
The more we learn different lands , the more we know each other
The symbols of Monarchy
Queen Victoria ( 1819 -1901)
The young Queen Victoria
Monument of Prince Albert was built by Queen Victoria
Royal Albert Hall –a very large concert hall
Victoria and Albert Museum
Buckingham Palace is the official residence of Queen Elizabeth II
* * *
King Henry VIII
• There is a little rhyme British kids learn to remember what happened to each of Henry`s wife
• Divorced , beheaded , died ,
• Divorced , beheaded , survived
• to divorce – разводиться
• to behead– отрубить голову
Queen Elizabeth I(1533- 1603)-is Henry `s daughter
The Queen Elizabeth II is Queen Victoria`s granddaughter
1What is the Mall ?
a) park b) an avenue c) a palace
2. Where is London Zoo situated ?
a) in Hyde Park b) in St. James `s Park c) in Regent`s Park
3. What was Henry VIII `s surname ?
a) Stuart b) Tudor c) Windsor
4.When did the Parliament name Henry head of the Church of England ?
a)1491 b)1547 c)1534
5.How many wives did Henry VIII have?
a)6 b)4 c)8
6. Who was Elizabeth I`s father ?
a) Henry VIII b) Prince Albert c) The Spanish King
7. How long did Queen Victoria rule the country ?
a) 42 years b)64 years c)46 years
8. What is the Royal Albert Hall ?
a) a palace b) a museum c) a concert hall
TEXT : Some Royal traditions
1.There are numerous royal traditions in Britain,
some are ancient , others are modern . It seems strange but the Queen has two birthdays . She is the only person in Britain with two birthdays . The Queen`s actual birthday is celebrated on April 21st.
2.The official birthday is observed on the second Saturday in June . This day is famous for a ceremony called TROOPING THE COLOUR (церемония выноса знамени ) , a beautiful parade of the Queen`s soldiers . At the front of the parade they the regiment`s flag or colour , in other words , they troop the colour.
3.The Queen’s Christmas speech is a modern custom . The Queen makes a speech on radio or TV . The BBC broadcasts it to every Commonwealth country .The speech is connected with the events of the past year .Traditionally in speeches , Kings and Queens say “ we “ not “I “.
But Queen Elizabeth II doesn`t follow this tradition actually . She says “ My husband and I “
Choose the right answer.
• 1 .What facts about the Queen does the author make clear in the paragraph 1?
• A) The Queen was born in April.
• Some people think the Queen is very strange .
• C) It is strange to have the Queen in the country.
• 2 .What does paragraph 2 say about Trooping the Colour ?
• A) The soldiers called the Queen on her birthday.
• All soldiers carry flags of different colours at the parade .
• C) The soldiers carry the colour ( flag ) before the parade.
• 3. What does the author tell about the Queen`s Christmas speech in paragraph 3 ?
• A) In her speech the Queen talks about modern customs .
• People in different countries listen to the Queen`s speech
C) In her speech the Queen speaks about all the events of the year
• Answer the questions about Elizabeth II.
• 1.When and where was she born ?
• 2.What is her full name ?
• 3.What subjects did she study while being a child ?
• 4.What hobbies did she have ?
• 5. What did she do to help the army during the war ?
• 6.When did she come to the throne ?
• 7.Where was she crowned ?
|Просмотров: 364 | ||