|Главная » Статьи » В помощь учителю » Английский язык|
7 grade |
Theme: Fast Food Restaurants.
The aim of the lesson is to get the students acquainted with the new topic “Fast food restaurants” and corresponding vocabulary.
Tasks: 1. At the end of the lesson all the students should know the new vocabulary connected with the topic.
2. They are able to make short dialogues with the new vocabulary they learned during the class.
Most of them can role play on how to order something at a restaurant.
3. Only some of them can guess the meanings of some phrasal verbs connected with food (pick at, snack on, pig out, polish off)
1. Organizational moment.
2. Warm up.
3. Video. Fast Food Vocabulary- Learn English with Pictures .Teacher introduces the Fast Food Vocabulary. They learn the new vocabulary by practicing with pictures.(cheeseburger, soda, hamburger, iced tea, hot dog, green salad, pizza, nachos, taco, milkshake, frozen yogurt, muffin, lettuce, relish, fried eggs, sugar substitute, mustard). They know some of them. They listen and repeat the words. Once they got acquainted with the words, they are demonstrated only the pictures related to the new vocabulary. The students have to name the picture.
4. Checking home task. Students read and pay attention to the correct pronunciation of the words in the text. (Fast Food restaurants) Students work in groups of four or five and ask each other questions on the discussed topic. They ask and answer the questions about FFR.
a) Can you buy hamburgers and Coke there?
b) How people eat the meal at Fast Food Restaurants?
c) Are there waiters there?
d) Can you see knives, forks and plates at FFR?
e) What are the cups, bags and boxes made of?
f) What do you do at the end of the meal?
5. Students use some of these words in dialogues. Pair work.
6. Students complete the map about FFR presented by the teacher. And they add their own ideas.
7. a. Presentation of some phrasal verbs on food: They watch the video with phrasal verbs on food https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORbBbupFzpc
Do you know what a "phrasal verb" is? Grab a snack, and get ready to devour some brand new vocabulary! In this lesson, I will explain what a phrasal verb is and teach you common phrasal verbs native English speakers use to talk about food. I will teach you "pig out", "snack on", "pick at",
a. pick at – I’m sad so I pick at my food.
b. snack on – Tonight, I full snack on popcorn.(you eat it between lunch and dinner)
c. pig out – I pigged out. To eat a lot.
d. polish off – Jen polished off her ( I eat everything on my plat etc.)
7. b. Role play. Students perform a little role play on how to order Fast Food.
8. Students watch another video on how to make an order at a Fast Food Restaurant.( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6beua_2zdbQ)
9. Discussion: a.Which is better: to eat at home or at a restaurant? Why? b. Why are FFRs popular? c. Do people criticize them? Why?
10. Home task: Making up a dialogue on the discussed topic.
Students do some private analyze. Cards for self – reflection are handed out them. They answer the questions and do their own conclusions if they achieve the aim and the tasks of the lesson. (Strategy “five fingers”).
a) What have you learned?
b) What have you done?
c) Was everything understandable for you?
d) What was difficult for you?
e) How do you feel yourself at the end of the lesson?
12.The end of the lesson.
|Просмотров: 260 | Комментарии: 2 | ||